Position Title: Executive Director
Kramden Institute is seeking its next collaborative, strategic Executive Director. We want a leader who is excited by the opportunity to use our new space well and help a nationally recognized team scale up to help underserved children, adults and families cross the digital divide. Kramden’s innovative structure combines its 501(c)3 nonprofit mission to provide computers and training at no cost to qualified recipients with a business model of earning income from the sale of refurbished equipment and keeping tons of materials from being sent to the landfill. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in providing access to technology to strengthen communities and improve lives, along with the vision, energy, leadership, and business management skills to move the organization to new heights of service. The Executive Director will support an experienced staff and strong volunteer culture centered on providing the technological tools and education that prepare Kramden Institute’s clients to thrive in a digital world.
Applications will be accepted until October 4, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Learn more at https://mossandross.com/jobs/active-searches/.
Position Title: Production Associate
Classification: Part-Time Employee
Reports To: Director of Technical Operations
Kramden Institute is a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to provide technology tools and training to bridge the digital divide. Since our founding in 2003, we have refurbished and awarded over 42,000 computers to 83 of North Carolina’s 100 counties. Kramden also offers a wide range of educational programs aimed at teaching students and members of the community basic and advanced computer literacy skills through which to better their lives.
Kramden is looking for qualified applicants for a part-time Production Associate (PA) position to start immediately. The PA will interact with both volunteers and staff to assist with the technology refurbishing process. The position will be responsible for all tasks throughout the hardware refurbishing process including hardware diagnostics, troubleshooting, software deployment, material handling, and warehouse logistics.
Principal Job Duties:
- Sort and process incoming equipment into various production, recycling and sales streams
- Perform diagnostic testing and troubleshooting on incoming hardware
- Deploy software in both Linux and Windows environments
- Prepare hardware shipments to clients including packaging and shipment
- Maintain clean and efficient workspace for volunteers and staff alike
- Pickup and deliver IT equipment to/from partner organizations
- Track incoming/outgoing equipment shipments
- Inventory management and assessment
- Attend staff meetings and work with other members of the Production staff
- Assist with corporate-sponsored volunteer events as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Flexible schedule
- Extensive knowledge, skills, and familiarity with computer hardware, software, and troubleshooting
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. often and repeatedly
- A successful background criminal check
- A valid driver’s license
- Welcoming personality for volunteers
- Flexibility, organized and attention to detail
- A+ certification
- Experience with material handling (pallet trucks, trailer loading, etc.)
- Excellent team skills and abilities to foster teamwork
Salary and Benefits:
- Approximately 25 hours per week between the hours of 9AM-5PM M-F
- $15 per hour
Email email@example.com – resume required, cover letter optional. Priority will be given to those who apply on or before November 1, 2021