About Kramden Institute:
Kramden Institute is a 501(c)3 nonprofit based in Durham, North Carolina. For more than 15 years, Kramden has led the charge in North Carolina to bridge the digital divide by providing technology tools and training. Every year, we collect thousands of computers from organizations and individuals, refurbish them and put them back into the community. What cannot be reused is responsibly recycled and disposed of through downstream, certified e-waste processors. Since our founding, we have donated over 33,000 computers across 83 of the state’s 100 counties. In 2014, Kramden began a new educational initiative aimed at teaching basic digital literacy to members of the community in need and sparking an interest in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) in disadvantaged students.
The Office Manager will be an integral member of Kramden’s team and serve as the initial point of contact for equipment donors and volunteers. This person will handle administrative and receptionist duties as well as financial record-keeping for Kramden’s daily operations. Work schedule is generally weekdays 9 to 5 with one Saturday each month, but candidate must be flexible to work additional events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support / Office Management
- Handle administrative duties for the efficient operation of the office including answering phones and greeting visitors and donors
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Kramden team
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment
- Maintain financial records in accordance with internal financial policies and procedures
- Track equipment and monetary donations
- Process accounts payable and receivable, document surplus sales, and process reimbursements
- Oversee yearly organizational financial audit and 990 preparations
- Prepare financial reports for quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Make bank deposits
- Help manage volunteers during weekly computer refurbishing events
- Assist Director of Programs with computer award events including demonstrating computers in English and Spanish
- Receive computer equipment donations from individual donors
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Conversational Spanish language skills required
- Familiarity with creating budgets and other financial reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office® /OpenOffice® productivity suites, Google® applications, Salesforce and QuickBooks preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Range: commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Bonus: Annual bonus opportunity based on performance and fiscal health of Kramden
- Healthcare: Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO with 80% of the premiums offset by Kramden
- Retirement: Eligible after one year of employment with 3% matching funds
- Leave: Three weeks PTO (2 weeks flexible with 3rd week during the Christmas week)
Submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in this position to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but priority will be given to those submitted before January 25, 2019.
Kramden Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.