Position Title: Technology Instructor
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Director of Programs
Kramden Institute: Providing Technology Tools and Training to Bridge the Digital Divide.
Since 2003 Kramden has refurbished and awarded over 36,000 computers to disadvantaged students and families across North Carolina. In 2014 Kramden began educating adults and youth on technology in order to advance lives and inspire interest in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math). Kramden Institute is seeking a Technology Instructor to join our education team. In addition to instruction, this member will help the organization build and shape future programs.
The Technology Instructor will be responsible for teaching and/or assisting with the programs listed below. This list will change and evolve as needs and opportunities dictate.
Computer Basics: A four-part program that focuses on teaching practical, basic skills that help adult students use their PC for daily school and home tasks.
Tech Trailblazers: An afterschool STEM education program designed to expose middle and high school students to basic IT skills.
Game Design Lab: An afterschool program in which middle school students learn programming concepts and the game design processes while developing their own computer games.
Summer Camps: Summer camp opportunities that create a fun environment to learn such as: video game design, drone flight, digital creativity, PC building, etc.
Tech Topics: Workshops that focus on varying topics in technology such as: digital creativity, online job searching, circuit building, 3D printing, etc.
CompTIA A+ Certification: A 6-month program preparing students for certification as entry-level PC computer service professionals.
For each class the instructor will:
- Utilize existing curriculum to prepare and teach classes
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning
- Contribute to the development of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives
- Inspire students to become engaged in STEAM
- Maintain accurate attendance and participation documentation for each course offered at Kramden
- Implement Kramden’s program assessment methods for all classes taught
- Take part in semi-monthly Kramden education meetings
- Attend other Kramden events as needed such as computer distributions and refurbishing events
- Bachelor’s level college degree or higher (computer science or teaching degree preferred)
- A+ certification or extensive knowledge, skills, and familiarity with computer hardware, software, and basic networking
- Experience teaching or working with students, especially middle and high school students
- Commitment to working with students from differing backgrounds and of varying levels of ability
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and occasional Saturdays
- A flexible and adaptive attitude toward teaching and curriculum design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent team skills and abilities to foster teamwork and teambuilding
- Enthusiasm for project-based learning environments
- Applicants with Spanish language skills are encouraged to apply but it is not required
- Must be able to lift objects of 30 lbs. often and repeatedly
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: $38K – 42K depending on experience
- Bonus: Annual bonus opportunity based on performance and fiscal health of Kramden
- Healthcare: Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO with 80% of the premiums offset by Kramden
- Retirement: Eligible after one year of employment with 3% matching funds
- Leave: Three weeks PTO (2 weeks flexible with 3rd week during the Christmas week)
Submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but priority will be given to those submitted on or before September 20th.
Kramden Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.