Next Thursday (7/13) is Embrace Geekness Day and to celebrate we are holding a social media contest. Show and tell us how you embrace geekness and you will be entered to win a Geek Prize Pack.
To enter, post a photo and description showing how you embrace geekness to Kramden’s Facebook page or post a photo on Instagram or twitter and tag @kramden. Don’t forget to include #embracegeekness in your post.
Remember, being a geek isn’t necessarily about loving computers. Geek icon Wil Wheaton put it best when he said “It’s not about what you love. It’s about how you love it.” Show us how you pursue your passion, whether it’s video games, playing trumpet, or even knitting socks.
For Wil Wheaton’s full speech, watch the video.
Here are some creative “Embrace Geekness” Ideas:
- Take a picture with a geeky shirt/coffee mug/item of any kind
- Show off your collection of the items that allow you to pursue your passion (instruments, outdoor gear, video game consoles, etc.)
- Take a photo of a geeky creation you’re proud of making.
- Promotion Description: “Embrace Your Geekness” Competition (“Giveaway”) will run from July 5, 2017 until July 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. By participating in the Giveaway, each participant unconditionally agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the stipulations provided by Kramden Institute (“Kramden”). Kramden is responsible for collecting and reviewing all eligible entries. Participants may reach out to Kramden with any comments or concerns about the Giveaway.
- Eligibility: In order for a participant’s entry to be deemed eligible, the participant must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada, and must be at least 13 years old. Posts must be posted to Kramden’s Facebook wall with #EmbraceGeekness, or tag @Kramden and be tagged with #EmbraceGeekness on Instagram or Twitter. All entries must showcase a way in which the poster is embracing geekness. If there are any entries that have disputable eligibility, Kramden will make the final decision about whether the participant is eligible and the decision is non-negotiable. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Ineligible Entries: Any entries from ineligible participants (those who are not 13 or older/those who are not residents of the U.S. or Canada) will immediately be discounted for prize selection by Kramden. Any entries from spam accounts or duplicate entries on the same or different platforms will not be counted. One entry per person.
- Winner Selection: Kramden will randomly choose a winner from all eligible participants. Participants may not dispute the selection by Kramden. The winner will be announced via a Facebook announcement and/or a Kramden blog post on 7/14/17. By submitting an entry, all participants provide Kramden permission to use their name in the announcement/post. The winner has 48 hours to respond to Kramden’s status announcement, blog post, or private Facebook message, to claim their prize. If the winner does not claim it within this timeframe, Kramden will select another winner. The winner will need to either pick up their prize from the Kramden office in Durham, NC, or privately provide a shipping address to Kramden for the prize to be mailed. Please allow 30 days for shipping.
- Prize: The prize for this Giveaway is a Geek Prize Pack. The prize cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash by the winner. Kramden provides no warranty on this prize, and is in no way liable for any damages after it is initially shipped/picked up from Kramden. If the winner does not comply with the Official Rules, they forfeit their prize.
- Privacy: All participants agree to allow Kramden to use their name and entry image, if they are selected as the winner, on a Facebook announcement post and/or a Kramden blog post. By posting from personal profiles to Kramden’s profiles (or using the designated hashtag on Instagram or Twitter), participants do not provide their personal contact information to Kramden.
- Limitation of Liability: Kramden is not responsible for any incorrect information. Kramden assumes no responsibility for any mechanical, technological or human error that prevented a participant to submit an entry to the Giveaway. Kramden is not responsible for any entries that are reported to/deleted by Facebook because of the entry’s inappropriate nature. If the Giveaway is unable to run due to any virus, mechanical/technological/human error from Kramden, then Kramden reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Giveaway at any time. If this is the case, Kramden will draw a name from the eligible entries collected to the point of termination. The winner will be selected in the method outlined in section 4 of the Official Rules.
- Sponsor: The official sponsor of this Giveaway is the Kramden Institute.
- Facebook Disclaimer: This promotion is managed by the Kramden Institute. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any information or content you provide, you are providing to the Kramden Institute and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims. Participation in this promotion is subject to the Official Rules.
- Instagram Disclaimer: This promotion is managed by the Kramden Institute. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Any information or content you provide, you are providing to the Kramden Institute and not to Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims. Participation in this promotion is subject to the Official Rules.