Zoom and Student Participation
Online camp sessions are held using Zoom unless otherwise noted. Please allow a few minutes to install the Zoom software before the first camp. Click the provided link 5 minutes for the camp begins.
- Use your student’s real name when they join the Zoom.
- Before you join the Zoom, make sure the place the student is in is quiet and comfortable.
- Remember your student will be sharing audio and video using the camera and microphone. Make sure the student and the area around them are ready to be on camera.
- Make sure other parent/guardian and anyone else around knows they will be in a video class at those times.
- Students can use any type of desktop or laptop computer to do the Zoom camp. You will need a camera and microphone to participate in the class. A phone or tablet may work but could be harder to use the Scratch software.
- You or the student can turn off their video and mute the audio anytime. Students can continue to use the text chat to participate. It may be harder for the instructor to assist them or answer questions.
Attendance and Behavior Expectations
Depending on the age of your student, parents/guardians may need to assist the student joining the camp. For younger students, please remain accessible during the camp times in case issues arise. We do not require a parents of young students to be present during camp, but if you feel that is best for your child please do so.
If the instructor needs to contact you during camp we will call the cell number from your registration.
Students should join every camp session. Projects later in the week depend on what they learn earlier in the week.
Students should behave as if they were in school, including being kind and respectful to the instructor and the other students.
Students need to pay attention during each session and follow along with the instructor.
Questions and How to Contact the Instructor
If a parent/guardian or student needs to contact the instructor, email email@example.com.