Our goal is to get people connected with affordable Internet, regardless of income. We can help you apply for the government’s Affordable Connectivity Program.
Government Affordable Connectivity Program
The government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides eligible households $30 per month off their internet bills. A number of Internet providers have agreed to offer ACP-eligible households a high-speed internet plan for no more than $30 per month. Eligible families who pair their ACP benefit with one of these plans can receive high-speed internet at no cost.
How do I get it?
Step 1: Apply for the ACP benefit
Step 2: Choose an Internet provider or keep your current one
Step 3: Contact the provider and activate the benefit
Do I qualify?
You likely qualify for free or very low-cost Internet if you meet one of the following qualifications:
- If your household receives a government benefit such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or SSI;
- Your household receives Public Housing Assistance (including Section 8 housing vouchers, Project-Based Rental Assistance 202/811, Public Housing, Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians);
- You receive Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit;
- Your child receives Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at Community Eligibility Provision schools;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year;
- Your household’s income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line.
Check the full qualification list here.
You may be asked to send in proof of participation or income. Read more here about what documentation you might need.
Find an Internet Provider
You can set up new Internet service using the benefit or use your existing provider.
Need an Internet provider? Find participating Internet providers in your area.
If you are located in central North Carolina, both Spectrum and AT&T have $30 plans that are free after the ACP benefit.
Have questions? Need assistance?
If you have questions on the program or need help applying, contact Kramden’s Tech Connect program at 919-891-4357.