Kramden is truly an organization of and for the community. We could not do what we do without the support of volunteers. Looking to get involved? Consider joining us for one of our weekly or monthly opportunities. Volunteers must be 12 years-old or older and must wear closed-toe shoes. Click here for Kramden’s policy regarding court ordered/recommended service. Volunteer Form – All volunteers must have a volunteer form on file before they can begin at Kramden. Please bring this form with you to your first Kramden event (parent/guardian signature required for volunteers under 18 years of age).
Where: Kramden Headquarters – 4915 Prospectus Dr. (Suite J) Durham, NC 27713
How: Volunteers 12 years and older are needed for the following shift:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
What: Wednesday Work Nights (WWN) are dedicated to refurbishing computers for hardworking students in the Triangle and beyond. Volunteers ages 12 and older are welcome to attend. Dinner will be served. If you plan to eat, please consider bringing a contribution of $3 or more to help offset the cost of food.
When: Every Wednesday night from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Where: Our Kramden headquarters in Durham. We are located at 4915 Prospectus Drive, Suite J Durham, NC 27713 (Click on “Contact Us” on our website for directions.)
How: Register using the online form below.
- November 26 – Kramden will not host a WWN due to the Thanksgiving holiday
- December 3 – click here to register
*Kramden Super Geeks and Management Team Members need not register. Please direct questions to email@example.com. * Please wear closed-toe shoes to all Kramden events, no sandals or flip-flops please* Back to Top
Option 1: Open Monday Kramden will open its doors for volunteers to drop in on Monday afternoons. Volunteers will be assigned to various tasks such as monitor testing, cleaning, or desktop refurbishing. Staff will be available to assist .
- Volunteers must be 16 or older
- Participants must volunteer for at least one scheduled event (Wednesday Work Night, Mini Geek-A-Thon) before taking part in a Monday afternoon session.
- Volunteers need not register.
When: Monday afternoons 1 pm to 5 pm
Where: Kramden Institute – 4915 Prospectus Drive, Suite J, Durham, NC 27713
Option 2: Experienced Volunteers During the weekday Kramden welcomes experienced volunteers. These volunteers refurbish computers or help with special projects. Kramden staff is not regularly available to give direction and assist during the work week so the following requirements must be fulfilled.
- The volunteer must log at least 20 hours during scheduled events (Wednesday Work Nights/MGATs) before they can volunteer during the weekday.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Volunteers must email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule their time.
- Volunteers may only volunteer on Weekdays between 10 am and 4 pm.
When: Weekdays 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Kramden Institute – 4915 Prospectus Drive, Suite J, Durham, NC 27713 * Please wear closed-toe shoes to all Kramden events, no sandals or flip-flops please* Back to Top