Volunteer opportunities during the weekday are limited but there are options for those who qualify. All weekday volunteering will take place at the Kramden Office in Durham.
Option 1: Open Mondays
Kramden opens its doors for volunteers to drop in on Monday afternoons. Volunteers will be assigned to various tasks such as monitor testing, cleaning, desktop refurbishing, etc. Kramden staff will be available to assist.
- Volunteers must be 16 years old or older.
- Participants must attend at least one Wednesday Work Night or Mini Geek-A-Thon before coming to an Open Monday.
- Volunteers do not need to register in advance.
When: Monday afternoons, 1 pm – 5 pm
Option 2: Experienced Volunteers
During the weekday, Kramden is able to welcome experienced volunteers. These volunteers will refurbish computers or help with special projects. Kramden staff is not regularly available to give direction or assist so the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Volunteers must be 16 or older.
- The volunteer must log at least 20 hours during scheduled events (Wednesday Work Nights, Mini Geek-A-Thons) before they can volunteer during the weekday.
- Volunteers can come any weekday between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Volunteers must schedule their time in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: Weekdays 10 am – 4 pm.